RUSHMERE COMMONERS COMMITTEE

Registered Charity No. 274900

 

Minutes of meeting held on Wednesday 15th June 2022 at Rushmere Golf Club commencing at 6.30pm
 

Present

 

Trustees

Mike Gilson (Chairman)

Alison Pledger (Vice Chair)

Diane Grayston

Ray Whymark

Kev Driver

John Adams

Geoff Poole

 

Also present

Chris Kendall (Clerk)

Bob Gosden (Warden)

 

 

  1. Minutes of the last meeting held on Wednesday 11th May 2022

            Agreed.

 

  1. Matters arising from the meeting held on Wednesday 11th May 2022

            Schedule of workStill ongoing.

            Trees on Tasmania RdChris will ask Alison if she can liaise with Ray/John to look at the trees.

            Adrian – Mike has spoken to Adrian and he has definitely decided not to do any more work for us.

            RGC meeting -  Chris organised the meeting but it has had to be rearranged. To be discussed later.

            Tree survey – The work that was marked as 6 months has been quoted for and the cost of £600 agreed by the trustees.  Chris to ask Tom to carry out the work as per the quote.

            Adrian’s replacement – To be discussed later,

            Board outside 90 Woodbridge Rd. – Chris has contacted Fenn Wright, who often place their sponsorship boards here, to advice them that it is common land and they   will have to ask permission to put notices there in future.

            Planning permission for business in Linksfield – To be discussed later.

            Wikipedia article – The article has been checked and Chris has put it in her diary to check it every 6 months.

            AGM – To be discussed later.

            Dog bin near Humber Doucy LaneMike will look at this shortly.

            Leaflets and leaflet dispensers – Kev has reviewed the existing leaflet and after making one amendment it has been sent to Chris.  Chris will arrange the printing. Chris has ordered the leaflet dispensers and she will give these to Diane to put up where needed.

            PhotosGeoff can’t promise anything but he will try to get photos.

 

  1. Management of the common

            Adrian’s replacement – As we have sadly accepted that Adrian will no longer be working for us we have done some work to find a replacement. Greenways – Kev has spoken to them and they will provide a quote if required. SCL Landscape Management – manage Martlesham Heath and they have promised Alison that they will get back to her.  Payback – Bob has not yet heard from them.

            Tom’s mate – Chris will ask Tom for his details as he may be willing to quote for some work. Chris can then get a quote for the 4 main paths to be cleared. In Touch magazine – Kev will include, in the next issue, that we are looking for workers/volunteers to help us with work on the common.  Kev will ask Rushmere Parish Council who they use.  Some of the trustees indicated that they would be willing to do some clearance themselves, in order to keep the costs down.  Chris is continuing to keep a list of jobs that are to be done.

            Pond water -  Bob indicated that the water level is low but as we have been advised by Suffolk Wildlife Trust not to fill the pond we will leave this for the time being.  Bob will ask GLT to clear some of the reeds, as there should be 30% clear water.

           

  1. Tree survey

            Update by Arboreal – Chris has received a quote of £2350 from Arboreal for an annual update of the tree survey, which will be due in August. The trustees do not feel that we require an update on an annual basis and Chris is to advise Arboreal accordingly.

            Other options – Mike suggested that we ask Otley College (which is now part of Suffolk New College) and Easton College if any of their students would like to look at the trees and gorse for us as part of their studies.  Chris to make contact.

 

  1. Heath Warden’s Report

            Parties – There haven’t been too many parties yet.

            Litter -  Not too much at the moment.

            GLT – They are working twice a week with 2-5 people attending at a time. They will finish the dead hedging to the right-hand side of the 2nd and then take some of the reeds out of the pond.

 

  1. Golf Club Matters

            Upcoming tournament – The club will be hosting the R & A Coronation Foursomes, which is a national ladies event, on Friday 12th August. Chris to organise a meeting with RGC, on one of these dates,  28th June, 5th July or 6th July to discuss this tournament and meet their new general manager. Details are being included in the next In Touch magazine as well as on our website. 

            Work prior to the tournament – Bob Tawall (RGC) has requested some work to be done prior to the tournament. Namely, clear nettles near 1st tee, clear burnt area near 7th tee and left-hand side of 11th tee.  It was agreed that Alison and Diane can liaise with the Bob and agree any work that they deem necessary and then advise all trustees at the next meeting.

 

 

  1. Planning permission application for business in Linksfield

            Planning permission has gone into East Suffolk Council for a dog grooming business in Linksfield. As we own the access track we have been served notice of this application, by the owner. We have considered the request for the business customers to access the property by driving along the track, and have unanimously decided to deny this vehicular access. Chris to advise the business owner and East Suffolk Council Planning of our decision.            

 

  1. AGM

            Chris advised that the press notice, website, parish noticeboards and all main  entrances to the common have been updated to give preliminary notice of the AGM to be held on Tuesday 19th July.  The accounts have been received by Chris and have been agreed by the trustees as an accurate record of the finances. As we have received substantial sums as receipts in advance Mike will draw this to the commoners’ attention when discussing the figures at the AGM. He will also mention the likelihood of increased costs in the future.

 

  1. Any other business

            Lloyds Bank Savings account – As this account has a small balance which is no   longer receiving any interest it has been classified as a dormant account by the bank. This makes it difficult to get up-to-date statements so the trustees agreed that Chris can have this account closed and the balance transferred to our other Lloyds Bank account.

 

  1. Date of next meeting

            Already agreed as Wednesday 13th July 2022 at RGC commencing at 6.30pm.

 

           

 

Meeting ended 20.05

 

 

 

Mrs Chris Kendall

 

Clerk to the Managing Trustees